Us Fun Folk

The simple adventures of our highly entertaining little family

Sunday, June 07, 2009

Lydia turned 4 on Thursday! We had a great day! For breakfast I made flower pancakes...

We went to story time at the library. We were thrilled to see a lady from the zoo had come and brought some visitors! We got to pet a leopard salamander, a chicken, and a boa constrictor! Very cool, but sorry, no pictures.
Luckily the weather was just gorgeous!
Isaac likes to tap on the front of his swing and say "Oosh! Oosh!" when I'm not pushing him enough.
Lydia got a neat pioneer ensemble from Oma. So fun.
Isaac even liked the bonnet.
We had our wonderful Bucks over for cake and ice cream. Something small. I was not wanting to do a party yet. The idea of having the whole Sunbeam class running around my house was not appealing. (Oh and that crown was a fun quiet time activity. A foam crown at Michael's for $1 and some markers and you're set for a good time!)
But let's talk about this cake! I remember my mom making me a doll cake when I was little and I knew Lydia would just love it. And she did, but I think I had way more fun with it!. It was like getting to design a ball gown all myself! Soo cool! Those are blueberries on her dress...The finished product:

Thanks to everyone who sent their love and etc. We are so blessed to have a sweet, beautiful, and smart little girl. Who is growing up way too quickly. :)

8 Comments:

At 6/08/2009 7:37 AM, Blogger Petertammenson said...

Biz! What a killer looking cake!!! Amazing!! What a beautiful little girl!

 
At 6/08/2009 8:49 AM, Blogger luketh said...

Awesome cake - Lucky!

 
At 6/08/2009 11:24 AM, Blogger Amanda said...

Wow! You did awesome on the cake! I'm very impressed. I'm glad Lydia had a good birthday. It seems just like yesterday we were pregnant together... My how time flies!

 
At 6/08/2009 5:05 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

Happy Birthday Lydia!!! They are all growing up! The cake is awesome...way to go!!! :)

 
At 6/08/2009 9:10 PM, Blogger Karebear said...

Dang girl! That cake is just way to nice looking. Maybe you could come to my house and make one for my kids because there is no way I could pull that off.

Happy Birthday Lydia! Four is so much more fun than three. It seems like they finally start growing out of the terrible two's.

 
At 6/09/2009 7:28 PM, Blogger Bobbi said...

What a cute cake! I made a few of those in the past! They are fun! Happy Birthday to you Lydia!

 
At 6/09/2009 9:35 PM, Blogger Melody said...

Happy Birthday, to The Lydia! And holy awesome cake, Ihbih! You're right; she is growing up way to fast. That haircut makes her look so old! She is adorable.

 
At 6/11/2009 10:25 AM, Blogger Angela Killpack said...

Happy Birthday Lydia!! Wow 4 already!!

Elizabeth, the cake is beautiful!! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home