Us Fun Folk

The simple adventures of our highly entertaining little family

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Last week I spent 5 days at Girl's Camp as a ward leader and had a blast! Of course, I can look back on it positively now that it's over. I now have my air conditioning and my own bathrom and a mattress and Mike and my children! But really it was a great time!

We were at a boy scout camp complete with flushing toilets and a mess hall where we ate every meal, so it was hardly roughing it. But we did sleep in tents. Well, except for Wed night where we were barraged by a major storm. We were evacuated from our campsites and spent the night on the cold, hard floor of the mess hall. That was a long, hard night.
This is me attempting to sleep on that cold, hard floor. That white thing sticking out my ear is a make shift ear plug. I tried stuffing a tissue in my ear to block out sound, but it didn't really work. It just attracted one of the stake leaders taking funny pictures. Thanks, Stephanie! But she did lend me her pillow, for which I was immensely grateful, otherwise I wouldn't have gotten those two hours of sleep that I got. Thank you!But the next day the sun was out and after a great breakfast we headed out to resurrect our camp sites. This is me with my very wet sleeping bag.
We dumped out tents and sent our sopping sleeping bags back home with one of our ward leaders to be dried by kind people in our ward. Wow, when Abbie returned with dry sleeping bags, it was better than Christmas!
In the end it turned out great and many girls were grateful for the trial, to bring them closer to eachother. It made it a camp year to remember. I was thrilled to be a part of it! But now am glad it's over and I'm back with my family.


2 Comments:

At 6/17/2009 11:04 PM, Blogger Jessie and Byron said...

I always LOVED girls camp, and I wish I was in the YW;s so i could go now. I was in the YW's in our last ward but not this one. Glad you got to go and had a memorable experience! Your a good sport!

 
At 6/18/2009 10:42 AM, Blogger Karebear said...

You are such a trooper!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home