I can't believe it's September already! Our entire August has gone undocumented! Well, here are some highlights... August started with an amazing weekend trip to Nauvoo, Ill. We met up with Amanda, Luke and Laurel from Iowa and my mom came over from Cincinnati to be with us too. Mom watched the kidsos Friday night as A,L,M and I went to the Nauvoo Pageant. Then Sat mom played Oma again as the 4 of us attended the Nauvoo temple. The last I'd seen it was in its early construction phase in '99. Now it is BEAUTIFUL, inside and out. 
We all had a great time at the pioneer games spot! Here are Mike and Amanda getting the hang of some pioneer toys.
Lydia's favorite thing was the pioneer play cottage, complete with dress-up!
Midmonth: Mike and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary! Look at us! We got dressed up for the Melting Pot, a snazzy fondue place. We clean up nice, don't we?
Behind us is our big anniversary present: our first piece of fine art. It's Arnold Frieberg's "Peace, Be Still." Here's the image from the web since I couldn't take a good picture of it. It is breathtaking! 
We ended the month with a fantastic long weekend visit from our best married friends, Trent and Melody! We used to hang out all the time in our Provo ward, back when life was simple with no children. Here's us 4 years ago at our last hang out.
And here's us now! We've since added 3 kids into mix. Lydia, Isaac and their little guy Camden, 21 months old. He is aDORable! I've never seen such lashes!
We had a great time with them! When we weren't eating 2 whole king cakes in 4 days we went to the zoo and the arch, and just had a great time hanging out. Lydia and Camden were great playmates!
Even Isaac wanted a chance to play with him, but Camden wasn't sure what to do and ultimately had to be saved from our grabby little Isaac.
Trent and Melody shared their snazzy gigs with us. The original and latest iPhone, respectively, perks of Trent's work.
Technology is amazing! And if you notice on the first screen above is a lightsaber, technology at its best. Complete with sound effects. Here they are demonstrating their mad lightsaber skills.
Great times had by all! I'll just close with a couple pictures from the arch. Lydia and the arch. She was so excited!
Lydia and Camden listening to a documentary of the arch. It must have been very serious.
Baby sandwich! Thanks for the great weekend, you cool cats!
2 Comments:
Oh fun! I didn't know you guys went to Nauvoo! I haven't been there in 13 (that was scary to count up) years when I was in High School. I want to go there sometime and see the temple. Beautiful pictures.
I'm glad you were able to have fun with some old friends.
Mwuahahahahaaaa! That is the coolest post ever!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home