Here's our St. Louis house, but in this picture we're actually getting ready to head back down to New Orleans. Our niece had her baptism this weekend and we were eager to get back to visit. And lookie thar! Thars a mini-van in that driveway! Yup, we bought a 2007 Toyota Sienna. Very cool!
And here's Mike driving it to New Orleans... in style
What a wonderful weekend! And what a memorable baptism! We got to the church and the power was out! We still had daylight, but the place was sweltering without the AC! We were all a little jealous when Ashley got in the water. Luckily, right before the closing prayer the power came on!
It was great to see everyone at church, but so hard to say good-bye all over again! We love our New Orleans family, whether or not we are related. Here are some pictures of the visit.
Jeffrey Stancliffe, Ashley and Lydia.
Emily, Curtis and Kristi's mom.
A couple of good looking guys...
Sis. Stancliffe getting love from Isaac.
The trip wasn't bad. 12 hours there and 13 back home. On our way home yesterday we stopped for dinner at a place called Lambert's Cafe.
We'd seen billboards for Lambert's "throwed rolls" and thought we'd give it a try, happy for something other than fast food. Well, I was expecting a quaint little country kitchen, but it wasn't little or quaint! This place was huge! And jumpin! The waiters were decked out in blue denim shirts, red suspenders, and ball caps. And sure enough, when we walked in they were throwing rolls across the room to eager diners waving their hands in the air. Waiters also walked around with big metal bowls of fried okra (which was divine), black eyed peas, and sauteed potatoes and onions, just waiting to dish some out on your plate! What a cool place! Mike ordered the XXL ham slice and, I'll be hog tied, it was huge! We ate leftovers for dinner tonight and Mike still has leftovers for lunch tomorrow!
It was too bad we'd been travelling all day and still had more to go or else we'd have spent hours there! It's two hours away so we're planning to take a weekend trip sometime to really enjoy it. What a cool place! And Lydia loved the wooden train out front. I've been trying to figure out how to get me one of those in my backyard.


6 Comments:
Welcome to the world of owning and driving a minivan! :) Looks like you had a fun little trip.
I didn't realize you guys drove back to New Orleans, I thought you had flown. You are starting to sound like us, making 12 hour road trips everyweekend! I'm happy about your car (we are going to need a bigger one very soon). The house looks great. Glad to know you are all fine! And we are super excited to have you come see us on your way to the family reunion! We will try and have a guest bed by then. Isaac will at least have a place to slept!
Wow! You sure made me jealous talking about all that good Southern/Country cooking. I doubt I'll find much of that in Arizona... So, how did you decided on the Sienna? We're in the market for a minivan since #3 is on the way. Congrats on having one. I'm really looking forward to getting our first minivan, whatever it ends up being.
I am so excited to see the kids! They are so big. I love the hair. Give the kids a hug from Aunt Shelley
Hey there cousins!! I love finding family on here, its GREAT!! You guys look great!! Hope we can see you guys sometime soon!! Jessie
Hey you guys look awsome!! Its great finding family on here, cna't wait to see you guys soon!!
Post a Comment
<< Home