Us Fun Folk

The simple adventures of our highly entertaining little family

Monday, April 14, 2008

We made it out of Louisiana. It was hard to leave on such a beautiful day, but leave we did. Here's our enormous truck full of our stuff. Mike did a great job driving it while the kids and I followed behind in the Corolla. Lydia still asks where Daddy's truck is. It was a long drive to St. Louis. 14 hours total. I will never complain about long road trips anymore as long as I don't have to drive the whole way! Bah! But we got to our house Sat night when our neighbors came over right away to help us unload! They are heaven sent! After the truck was empty and a quick run to the grocery store, we ate a great homecooked meal of Hot-pockets and chocolate milk. On Lydia's little table.
We've been busy unpacking and painting and getting comfortable. Here are some pictures of us enjoying our new home.
Lydia and I stop unpacking for a light plastic lunch.

Isaac's oatmeal face.

What a handsome boy, just like his daddy.
We just got new couches yesterday! How exciting! The first pieces of furniture (aside from the crib) that we have bought brand new from a store. Look at us, moving up in the world!

Isaac turned 6 months last week! They grow up too quickly!

3 Comments:

At 4/16/2008 5:31 PM, Blogger Angela Killpack said...

We are glad to see that you made it safely and that you are getting settled in. We miss you guys!

 
At 4/18/2008 11:33 AM, Blogger Amanda said...

Congrats on the successful move and the new couches. They look great! Hope you guys enjoy St. Louis.

 
At 4/21/2008 11:14 AM, Blogger Karebear said...

Congradulations! You are making me excited about our new house. I don't know when we will be able to afford all the new furniture that we need, but somehow it will all come together. I'm sure you feel the same way. We hope everything continues to go smoothly for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home