Us Fun Folk

The simple adventures of our highly entertaining little family

Sunday, March 09, 2008

Where do we start? Laura and Patrick came to visit us and take in the New Orleans experience before we moved away. We had a great time with them and were grateful for the excuse to do the toursity things one last time before we left. Here is one of my favorite photos from the whole weekend. Very non-touristy, but it shows darn good hygiene!

Not to gloss over the fun we had, but if you want to see great moments of our weekend together check out Yogurl and Manburger's blog.

We found a house in Missouri! Our house here closes on the 28th of March as does the one into which we're moving. Hooray for being in two places at one time. Technology these days! This is a general representation of our new house. When we looked at it, it had about 8 inches of snow everywhere. The things we get to look forward to!

Mike's birthday was yesterday! A whopping 27 years old! Here are the two men in my life. And my two layer "better than ..." cake that I made. Yum! (Mike likes to call it an "almost as good as..." cake.)

Also yesterday our branch had an Easter egg hunt. Here's Lydia checking to make sure there's candy rattling in her egg. And showing off her booty.

And what goes better with an Easter egg hunt than a crawfish boil? Why nothing of course! I'm so glad we got to experience one before we left. It was amazing how much fun the primary kids had with the live little buggers. Who needs pony rides? Here are some pictures of Mike and I getting in touch with our Louisianian side.

And yes, for all you observant people, I did cut my hair! Yes, really that short! I'm still getting used to it. My hair has gotten wavier since my Amanda Borden haircut in highschool so it's a bit crazy short. But I shalack it with a couple handfulls of mousse and it works. Mike really likes it. It's something I'd been wanting to do for a while, so Mike encouraged me to do it. I think my hair is unmanagable at any length, but people dig it once they get over the initial shock.

4 Comments:

At 3/11/2008 3:52 PM, Blogger Amanda said...

Congrats on the new house and the good timing! I hope we have that good of timing when we get our first house. Who'd have thought you guys would move to two different states while David and I are still stuck in Provo? Oh, and nice haircut! I'm not that brave.

 
At 3/11/2008 4:14 PM, Blogger Angela Killpack said...

It looks like you are having fun while you are still in LA. Oh, and I Love the haircut!!! :)

 
At 3/14/2008 8:56 PM, Blogger Karebear said...

I just have to say, your hair is dang cute!!!

 
At 3/28/2008 3:29 PM, Blogger Luv your guts said...

Your kids are growing so fast!!! and your hair is cute!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home