Us Fun Folk

The simple adventures of our highly entertaining little family

Saturday, January 08, 2011

Our other adventures in Mexico...

We went to the Africam (yes, that's with an "m") Safari where you drive around a reserve and see wild animals like lions and tigers and bears "oh my!" What a neat place! They had both white rhinos AND black rhinos (a difference in species, not color). I'm a bit partial to black rhinos since I worked with them in the Cincinnati Zoo. So cute!

I could fill the post with pictures of animals, but I'd rather share more of the fun stuff we did.
We climbed the Pyramid of the Sun in Teotihuacan (tay-oh-tee-wah-kahn). Grandpa stayed down with Evelyn (thank you!) so Grandma and the rest of us could climb.
And here's us at the top! As I uploaded this Isaac said "Wow, that was a lot of energy and work for me!" No kidding, but the kids did great! It was a LOT of fun!
Shopping was another fun thing we did! We found Luchador masks!! No, I didn't buy any, but they were fun to try on.
And look at this cute sombrero!
We also went to a city called Puebla, famous for its hand made dishes. Gorgeous! Grandma and I could have spent hours in that one store. Clever owners had a TV with cartoons and chairs so the daddies and the kids could be entertained. I bought some beautiful little dessert plates.
Speaking of beautiful, we also went to see the Mexico City Temple.
Sigh, I could go on and on with all the fun we had. Thank you Grandma and Grandpa for such a WONDERFUL time!! We love you!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home