Da da da DUM! Behold the super heroes!
Our church had a Trunk or Treat Saturday night so we thought we'd relinquish our mild mannered alter egos and show up as our true selves.
Isaac was ridiculously excited to be a super hero, which is ironic because when it came time to get ready he didn't want his cape or face paint or color in his hair. But to see him run and jump and squeeeeeeze his hands to show off his muscles, there was no doubt he was the fastest, strongest super hero around. Then Evelyn was our super sleeper and we didn't want to mess with that, so she just came as "tha cutest bahb-ee een ... THA WAHLD!" (that's super hero talk for "the cutest baby in the world")
On Saturday morning we went to the Ballunar Festival at the NASA headquarters. You know, "Houston, we have a problem." Unfortunately, all the hot air balloons left early in the morning so we didn't get to see any up close. But we did see some neat things! We saw fire trucks and a SWAT truck and got to sit in the back of a police car (my first time, I promise!) We saw hang gliders and para-chuters. We also saw the shuttle. Hmm, I always pictured it bigger, and not quite so... squishy .
The kids got to be astronauts! This was not your typical plywood cut-out with the hole for your face. This was a full 3 dimensional set up! Awesome! We even got to meet a real astronaut and get her autograph!
To finish off the morning we took a train ride around the NASA complex. What an awesome day!
Labels: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_cHVoLfaNIxk/TNDB7Ow_8FI/AAAAAAAABKM/kM9zkF9aXgM/s400/oct10+116.JPG


6 Comments:
So cute! Love the costumes! Elizabeth, I think you should go for the hair permanently!! :)
You guys are the coolest! I love the costumes and the hair! And how fun to see NASA in Houston!
I think the shuttle vehicle starts out larger and less squishy. The stress of reentry and landing numerous times squeezes it down in size. Probably the excitement of seeing Queen Elizabeth and Dolly at the Pearly Gates had something to do with it too. Love you and Mike and the little ones. What a super heroic family. Love Opa.
I told Mike I should go pink permanently too and he rolled his eyes. Just some hot pink streaks? Same reaction. Maybe next time he's out of town. :)
Even though Isaac didn't want to wear all the super hero stuff, at least he had his pants on. That's real super hero!
I always knew you had a "super" family! Love the pics!
Post a Comment
<< Home