Okay, here are pictures of the downstairs of the house. It really is a lovely house! Especially since it's not a jungle of boxes anymore. Just a few that I was able to move around as I took pictures so it just LOOKS like we don't have anymore boxes. :)
This is the lovely staircase that you first see when you walk in the house.
And this is my pretty decorative alcove! Hooray for finally having a perfect place for that giant jar Amanda gave me years ago!
The sitting room. And look how nicely they sit!

The empty formal dining room (it is divided from the front room by a jut in the wall where the plant is). We've had fun dreaming of a gorgeous dark wood 8 seater dining room table. All in good time.

Where we eat now. The "breakfast area" attached to the kitchen. The flowers in the vase are crepe myrtles from our tree out front! Pretty pretty!

The kitchen. Lots of great cabinet space. Since we have a measley little pantry. The other day I found we had a completely empty drawer! Wow! It was like finding money in the pocket of an old coat!


Our living room. Mike is still working on hiding all the wires, but he's done a great job on setting it up. Can I just tell you I loathe a fireplace? For one, we live in Houston. We will never use it! And two, if we did use it fireplaces are terrible inefficient. And three, it took away that whole lower wall that could have been for an entertainment center! Which would have solved all sorts of problems with wires and bookshelves, etc. Bah! Wasted space! Oh well, there had to be some flaws in the house that is otherwise perfect. We'll get to the upstairs tomorrow...


5 Comments:
Seriously fabulous house! I love all the little details and the color of the formal dining room. So glad you love your new home. I totally hear you about moving around the boxes, ha!
Mike's done a great job of setting that up! And I love the pretty blue on the walls - and your decorative nook. Way to funk it up with that awesome jar!
What a beautiful house. So happy for you. And the baby is beautiful. Congratulations!
I also loathe fireplaces and for all the same reasons you listed. Texas! Come on!
Beeeautiful!
Post a Comment
<< Home