Us Fun Folk

The simple adventures of our highly entertaining little family

Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Food

Had to share some fun food we had.  Mike and I went out to a Japanese restaurant and I ordered fancy ramen.  With pork belly, a marinated egg and fish cakes (those white swirly things) and Chinese broccoli.  I do love me some fancy ramen!
Lydia made French fries!  She learned at mutual then tried it on her own.  I told her she wasn’t allowed to make them anymore because they were really good!

Evelyn made us a fancy chocolate mousse cake with raspberry jam heart on top for Valentine’s Day.  It was delicious!
Lydia went to a friends house and learned how to “whip up some curry.”  Then she came home and made it for us!  Chicken, yellow peppers, zucchini and onion.  It was amazing!

We bought a half a pig!  A sister in the ward asked me if I wanted to go in with her and buy a pig from a Mennonite farmer.  A butcher processes it and packages it up all nice.  We have ground sausage (that whole bottom bin) to last us a while!  I’m so happy!

I made saurkraut!  It’s only a week old so it still needs more time to sour up on my counter.  It was so crazy easy to put together!  I’m excited to have it on rueben sandwiches.


Pi day happened, but we completely forgot about it.  Good thing the family we invited over for dinner remembered and brought a berry pie for dessert!  (It even has a pi.  Tee hee!)








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home