Us Fun Folk

The simple adventures of our highly entertaining little family

Thursday, April 15, 2021

April Stuff

There is a path in our neighborhood that cuts between two houses so the kids can walk to and from school.  Often times it is mud.  So I got on the FB neighborhood page and started a conversation.
Here it is 2 weeks later!
I wasn’t ever present for the labor (because most of it was done on Sundays), but I take great pride in the fact that I got the ball rolling!  Neighbors donated pavers they had lying around, two men in the neighborhood did most of the work, and a lot of people donated money for the cost of extra pavers and sand.  Hooray!  

Alice potting her blueberry “trees.”  We got 3 bushes.  2 different varieties because they say you’re supposed to.  We’re excited that they have lots of flowers and we cheer when we see bees pollinating them!  Hoping to get some blueberries this summer!

Lydia got her driving permit!  
I got my first COVID vaccine.  I loved the drive through shot!  Way better to sit in my sunshiny car, listening to my music than sit in a cold waiting room for a half hour.
Evelyn has made a really great friend!  Loni is not only in our ward, but she’s also in her class at school!  She came home with us after school one day and they’re doing homework. (Look, Evelyn is actually smiling!)


My sauerkraut fermented!  
We celebrated with Reuben sandwiches for dinner.  They were so good!  Isaac and I finished off the rest of the saurkraut.  I need to make more!  Too bad we have to wait a month to eat it.  






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home