More March
The week after Oma and Opa left we started a new way of life with the Covid-19 restrictions. The children started online school. With the kids on the computers so much I was eager for getting us out of the house and taking lots of nature walks. Climbing trees.
Picking pretty flowers.




Finding turtles.
A beautiful walk in some woods.
Where Evelyn spotted a copperhead!
Mike and Isaac built this fun contraption together. 
We tried a plant based “brat.” It wasn’t bad. Cover anything with mustard and relish and it’s going to taste like a sausage. And I made the buns! So fancy!


We saw 7 alligators, all at a distance. We were told if we went on a sunny day (that day was very overcast) we’d see way more alligators and much closer to the path! Next time! I love the moss on this big tree.



We tried a plant based “brat.” It wasn’t bad. Cover anything with mustard and relish and it’s going to taste like a sausage. And I made the buns! So fancy!
Our first real Covid-19 Saturday we drove an hour to Brazos Bend State Park. (On our drive we stopped at a Buccee’s gas station. It’s the only public place the kids have been in weeks. They were so excited!) The park was beautiful! We walked for 2 hours around a big lake.
We saw 7 alligators, all at a distance. We were told if we went on a sunny day (that day was very overcast) we’d see way more alligators and much closer to the path! Next time! I love the moss on this big tree.
Check out this spider eating a caterpillar!
Isaac giving Alice’s little legs a break.


1 Comments:
Way cool hiking spot! Glad that copperhead wasn't on the trail. Bet the alligators brought back Louisiana memories.
Post a Comment
<< Home