Us Fun Folk

The simple adventures of our highly entertaining little family

Saturday, July 21, 2018

Fourth of July

The kids and I went down to Cincinnati for a couple days in honor of Oma's birthday.  Oma had some coupons for Gold Star Chili burning in her pocket so we went for lunch.  I LOVE a good Cincinnati style coney dog, although many would say it's an acquired taste.  The kids thought they were pretty good, but I think they liked the little packets of oyster crackers better.
Opa gave us a great Family Home Evening lesson about the Children of Israel and the brass serpent.  And he brought out his snake skins. So neat!
Oma showed us around the Donut Trail.  Happiness is a good donut!
And Evelyn lost her tooth!
Fun in the tree.
Opa took us to feed little horses at Eddie's house.
Cuddles.
Kids on the bearskin rug.  At first Alice was a little unsure, but she warmed up to it pretty quickly.  
Opa made an apple pie for Oma's Fourth of July birthday.  And we ate it for breakfast!  
Happy Birthday, Oma!
We drove back home after pie so we could be with Mike, since he had the day off too.  We went to watch fireworks that night with some friends and I absolutely love this picture!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home