Sydney, last installment: planes, trains, and ferry rides (and gondolas!)
On Boxing Day we went to Taronga Zoo, which is on the north side of the harbor. We got to take a ferry across and it was beautiful! There's that classic shot!



People arriving at the zoo via ferry got to ride gondolas from the dock to the zoo entrance! Sweet! We got a sneak peek at the zoo as we passed over the top of it! But you have to be ferry riders, just in case you end up going to the Sydney zoo and want to ride the gondola.



The zoo was lovely. They had the usuals, but we were really excited to see a seal show! That was a new experience for us!



They also had lemurs, which was cool! This is a terrible picture.

Right next to the lemurs they had a big playground with lots of climbing. Wow, this is also a terrible picture.

But here's a great picture! I sported my new Australian pants to the zoo! These are very popular here, so I had to buy some for the novelty. They are loose cotton pants, usually in crazy prints, with elasticized ankles. Soooo comfortable!! Evelyn asked me why I was wearing pajamas. Ha!

Finished up a long day at the zoo with the gondola ride down, ferry ride and walk back through the city to the hotel. Long day! But a great day!
The very last day in our few hours before going to the airport we went to the Eye of Sydney, which is a really tall tower and looked at all the places we'd been. Here's the Queen Victoria Building.

And some cute girls!

And this is the highest working post box in the Southern Hemisphere. I guess I could have bought postcards from the gift shop, but the kids had just about had it.

On our way back to the hotel we said goodbye to our friend Speedy. She's a friendly rat who belongs to an old man who sits on that same city bench. She was a nice break for the kids on their long city walks. But I enjoyed her as much as the kids did. I could own a rat.

Then it was on the train to the airport!

What an adventure! But, boy, was it good to get home!


4 Comments:
Great pictures. What a once in a lifetime adventure. If you really want a rat, I could easily catch one for you. You may have to reanimate it and fluff up the big depression across it's neck.. Ha. Evelyn is getting so tall. Looks like all the little ones are not so little anymore. Love Opa.
Looks like they use the same cars for the gondola above the zoo as they did in the Brisbane Wheel. Did they have a PA system telling you about all the things you could see? Opa
Those are some fun pants Biz! I would totally buy a pair if I found them long enough. Maybe a throw back to jammers? I think you should find a pair for Mike, maybe gold metallic? Thanks for sharing the photos. Love you all!
Wow, those are some pants!! They do look comfy! Buy me a pair and I could maybe start a trend in Payson! Hah!
Post a Comment
<< Home