We've had a birthday, shout hooray!
Isaac turned 4 last week! 4? Really? That seems way too old! It's funny, because Lydia seems to master the new age so well, partially because she already seems 11 to me. But I just can't wrap my head around Isaac being 4!

What a lucky birthday for Isaac. It was Columbus Day and there was no school, which meant Lydia was home for him to play with all day! Talk about an easy day for me! Awesome! Then that evening we had a family over for chili and cornbread and cake and ice cream. Yum! Here's a picture of Isaac and his lime cake. He wanted it "lime and green, ALL over!"

Here are the boys and their guns. Naturally.

Lydia and her best friend Krista.

For Isaac's birthday he wanted an umbrella. I was thrilled to find a lime green umbrella to match his cake. This picture's quality isn't superb, but I love that I captured this struggle. Evelyn's determination and Isaac's concern that his sister was taking the umbrella away from him.

Isaac and his cool Iron Man/Jet transformer. It's actually a pretty cool toy. I was eager for Isaac to go to sleep so I could play with it.
The next day at his T/Th preschool he got to stand up in front of the whole school in morning assembly for the happy birthday song. What are the odds that the other birthday kid there was also a 4 yr old Isaac? Crazy! Isaac is funny because when I asked him if he wanted to go up for them to sing to him he was all like "well, I dunno" trying to act all tough, but as soon as he was up there he was just waves and smiles. Sigh, be still my mother heart! My baby! Here he is in his birthday hat and a goodie bag he got from his teachers.
The day after was also great because Oma and Opa's package came! He was so excited! And is such a ham...

I sure do love that goofy kid!


3 Comments:
Happy Birthday Isaac! He looks so grown up! I can't believe that Ray will be 4 in March either. Where has all that time gone? Crazy thing is that the baby is due the day before Ray's Birthday:)
So easy to make the little ones smile! He sure seems happy. Good luck with being four!!!
Whaaaaa? 4???? When did that happen?! Happy Birthday, Isaac! We looove youuu. Fun post, Ihbih. Love it.
Post a Comment
<< Home