Us Fun Folk

The simple adventures of our highly entertaining little family

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

We had a great 4th of July! In the morning we met at the church to have a pancake breakfast and a kid's parade around the parking lot. Lydia rode her scooter, Isaac rode his bike (he's there on the left by the man's elbow) and Evelyn and I walked along waving a flag. It was great!


Later that day we were invited to go swimming at a friend's house. Oh blessed relief from this hot weather! Lydia is a little swimmer! She's been taking swim lessons from a girl in the ward. Here they are together at the party.

Isaac is a little less comfortable in the water, even in an inner tube suit (I had one of those when I was little, only it was red!). He preferred the trampoline.
Evelyn really enjoys the water. Here she is in some borrowed goggles. Aren't those bizarre!
July 4th is also my mom's birthday! So I made a cake. Too bad she didn't get to eat it. But it was lovely!

And what's a birthday without presents? So we bought ourselves a real, bona fide, gorgeous dining room table! Mom, you can eat at it next time you come visit. Happy Birthday! We don't have any chairs for it, but in time... It's so pretty!! I'm so happy!

Ooh, look at the pretty wood grain! And it has two leaves too! So we can easily fit 10. Ooh, I feel like such an adult!

4 Comments:

At 7/13/2011 11:25 PM, Blogger luketh said...

ooooOO I LOVE the table!! Love it!!

 
At 7/14/2011 3:29 PM, Blogger Amanda said...

Love your table! I'm jealous! You can get really nice inexpensive dining chairs on overstock.com. I've been oogling them for a while.

 
At 7/16/2011 10:09 PM, Blogger The Mylers said...

Sweet table...it looks so good in you dining room too!

 
At 7/28/2011 11:45 PM, Blogger Lynzee said...

Gorgeous table!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home