Us Fun Folk

The simple adventures of our highly entertaining little family

Tuesday, June 08, 2021

Graduation

On May 4th Alice had a field day and I was one of the lucky parents who got to help out.  Games (like tug of war, sack races, and ring toss) in the gym in the morning.  Then bubbles and chalk in the empty parking lot.  I wowed all the kids with my masterful chalk skills.  I traced their bodies for them to decorate, drew a big ocean scene, and lots of butterflies for the girls to color and snakes for the boys.  It was a ton of fun.
Alice and her teachers, Ms. Antonia and Ms. Bailey.

Being May 4th I had to make a Star Wars cake!  Wanting to perfect my red velvet Crait cake from last year, I had ordered some beet powder for a deep red velvet (without using red dye).  It was a major disappointment.  Not only did the cake taste like beets, it wasn’t red!  So I whipped up some caramel frosting and made a Tatooine cake instead.  Complete with two suns!  (I’m such a nerd.)
See, totally not red.


Alice’s preschool graduation was a couple weeks later.  Eeee!
They sang a couple little songs and got diplomas.  A few weeks before graduation the kids came home with white felt graduation hats to decorate.  We bought dollar store flowers and went to town!  Other kids had dinosaurs or unicorns on them.  It was a lot of fun.  Also instead of robes they wore super hero capes.  I love preschool.

Mike took off work to attend because I’d been sick.   I was heartbroken to think I’d miss it.  When I woke up that morning with a rash we realized my sickness wasn’t anything contagious, but a bad reaction to some medication.  So we both got to go!   
Is that a sunburn on my neck?  Nope, just a freakish rash.  Ironically, I also had a medication allergy rash on my neck when my little sister graduated high school.  Weird.  


Evelyn had a 5th grade graduation ceremony on Zoom.  (I can’t believe she’ll be in middle school next year!)  Lydia was out of school already and had her friends over so we all watched.  You can see their excited faces at the bottom of the screen shot I took.  So fun!  








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home