Bridget is 6
Bridget turned 6!
For 6 we let the kids have a party (which is really a glorified play date with cake). Bridget invited two of her friends from church and I invited the rest of their siblings so all my kids had friends too. It worked out perfectly! (It was great because the three boys holed up in Isaac’s room and left the girls alone.)
The big girls helped cut out paper crowns while the little girls played upstairs. They had a little too much fun with the paper remnants.
Fancy crown.
Pretty girls!
.
I went all out and bought a piñata. Bridget picked out a cake piñata because she chose a piñata cake for her birthday cake! She’s so cute! Unfortunately, the design wasn’t great for a piñata. The first whack from a 3 yr old ripped the bottom tier away and we were done. Oh well.

Gourmet lunch of hot dogs, carrots, and watermelon.
I tried to be clever and make piñata cupcakes, but I put far too few sprinkles in them. It didn’t have quite the exciting effect I was going for, but the kids were still surprised to see sprinkles inside.
I went all out and bought a piñata. Bridget picked out a cake piñata because she chose a piñata cake for her birthday cake! She’s so cute! Unfortunately, the design wasn’t great for a piñata. The first whack from a 3 yr old ripped the bottom tier away and we were done. Oh well.
Gourmet lunch of hot dogs, carrots, and watermelon.
I tried to be clever and make piñata cupcakes, but I put far too few sprinkles in them. It didn’t have quite the exciting effect I was going for, but the kids were still surprised to see sprinkles inside.
However, the piñata cake that evening was a hit! Bridget wanted one ever since she saw it in a bakery display case. She chose a strawberry cake with lemon lime frosting.
Everyone gathered around for the spill out.
Nerds, flower sprinkles, and Skittles. What. A. Party.
Bridget wanted a new doll and real bubblegum (which was actually harder to find than I expected. I remember seeing 5 or 6 flavors of BubbleYum at the grocery store check out when I was a kid. Today there’s MAYBE one amidst all the chewing gum.) And we gave her a new lunchbox because she’s been wanting one and it’s so much easier to pick one out and give it. AND because if we were to let her choose one in the store Alice would throw a fit demanding one. (3 yr olds are so fun.)
We love our sweet, loving Bridget! Happy Birthday, beautiful girl!


1 Comments:
A great Birthday!! Are those real earrings on Bridget in that one picture? She is a real doll herself. I could make Momma a pinata cake sometime. I would fill it with her favorite silly things. Great picture of little ladies and their cup cakes.
Post a Comment
<< Home