Us Fun Folk

The simple adventures of our highly entertaining little family

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

My favorite Valentines

We had a great, low key Australian Valentine's Day! It's like Grandparent's Day in America. Does anybody really celebrate that? (No offense, parents.) It was fun to enjoy the day without all the commercialized craziness.
That morning Mike surprised us with pink heart pancakes! And pink milk. I could have done without the dyed milk, but the kids were elated. (I recall an occasion as a child being allowed to play with food coloring and our own glass of milk. "Just remember, you have to drink the milk." my mother said. In the end my sisters and I drank the milk that probably had a good quarter cup of food coloring in it. Ulch! But we loved it!)
I sent the kids to school with pink heart cookies! Since we didn't have to buy and address a gamillion Valentine's Day cards, I was content to make cookies for their classes. I wish I'd taken a picture of all 60 of them in rows. They were so pretty!





For dinner that night I made heart shaped pizzas for my Valentines!





Bridget really enjoyed sucking on a cucumber.


















After we got the kids down (even Bridget!) Mike and I went to the temple to do sealings. What a perfect Valentine's Day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home