Us Fun Folk

The simple adventures of our highly entertaining little family

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

First day of school!

Lydia and Isaac headed back to school this week! Lydia started year 3 and Isaac started Prep (kindergarten)! It's so fun having them go to the same school. Don't they look adorable? (Evelyn is in a hand-me-down dress that is really too big for her, but she demanded to wear it, and she loves the "one pocket")


Here's Isaac in his classroom.


He did extremely well! He found some friends from his preschool last year and happily said good bye. I was doing quite well until his lovely teacher gave me a "prep parent survival kit." It was a little paper bag with a poem on the front describing all the contents like tissues and chocolate and a bandaid for your aching heart. That's when I lost it! I had to rush away so Isaac wouldn't see me cry. Lydia asked why I was crying and Mike explained that mommies cry a lot. Mike was able to have the day off due to flooding around his work. Yay!

Lydia feels all grown up in her year 3 class room! She has a male teacher this year and he reminds me a of a young Tim Curry. He seems nice and Lydia really likes him.


She gets to sit next to a friend from her class last year, who happens to be the tallest. I love the contrast!


Here's Evelyn standing by the cool solar system mosaic made of tiles, rocks and colored glass. We call it the planet wall and it's so pretty!


They survived their first day splendidly, which happened to be one of the hottest days! There is no air conditioning at school. We quickly jumped in the pool after a snack of cold watermelon. Nice hat, Isaac!



2 Comments:

At 1/31/2013 6:56 AM, Blogger daddy said...

How quickly they grow. Lydia is so pretty and Isaac looks like he is ready for any kind of fun. I know Evelyn enjoys her "alone with momma" time. Love Opa

 
At 1/31/2013 7:28 AM, Blogger Petertammenson said...

I wish I could have cold watermelon for a snack!! We'll have to wait another 5 months on this side of the world!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home