Us Fun Folk

The simple adventures of our highly entertaining little family

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Happy Anniversary to Us!

We had the best day on Wednesday! Firstly, it was our 9th wedding anniversary, then it was even better because it was a holiday here in Brisbane, so we all got to spend it together!
We started the morning off right with waffles. Then we packed a picnic lunch and headed off on our adventure!

We took the kids on the City Hopper, which is a free pedestrian ferry that travels up and down the Brisbane River.





We saw a nice park along the river and said "hey, let's stop there." So we did! It had a little walkway down to a sandy bit by the river...


And we saw dead jellyfish washed up on the sand!


Crazy! They are "blue blubbers" and were about as big as small dinner plates. Our guess is they somehow came up the river and died then washed up on the shore? Totally crazy, but also really cool to see! At the end of the day the kids listed the jellyfish in the top 3 best things of the day.

The playground was great too.


As was balancing on posts.











Here's our anniversary self portrait. I love the weird neck one gets while trying to take their own picture. But here we are, 9 years! How about that facial hair?


Oh, but the fun doesn't stop! Near the close of quiet time that afternoon we got Lydia and Isaac to help us clean the bathrooms and it was great! I love a day where I feel accomplished! And who doesn't love clean bathrooms? The kids were awesome. They washed the mirrors and the shower walls and giggled while they took turns scrubbing the toilet. Sigh, potty humor begins so young.

Then to celebrate we all went to the famous gelato shop not far from our house, Milany's. We each got to pick a scoop and we all shared. Isaac chose mint (good choice) and Lydia chose bubblegum (which actually wasn't as obnoxious a flavor as I anticipated it to be). I got my usual macadamia (which is to die for) and Mike tried the apple pie flavor (a lovely cinnamon flavor). It was fun to do something "fancy" all together.

Then we went home and had a dinner of cheese fondue! We had apples, cauliflower, broccoli, sausages, bread, and little tomatoes.








It was such a special anniversary, to be able to spend the whole day celebrating together with our little family. I am so grateful for my handsome man who actually wanted to marry me 9 years ago. And it just keeps getting better!

Location:Brisbane

5 Comments:

At 8/20/2012 12:49 PM, Blogger The Mylers said...

Happy Anniversary! Loved the update, glad you had such a lovely time! I just can't get over how much Evelyn has grown up, I don't think I would have recognized her. You all look great! Miss you, take care!

 
At 9/12/2012 10:49 AM, Blogger B'sAntiBlog said...

What a nice day, I'm glad you were all able to spend it together!

 
At 9/15/2012 6:10 PM, Blogger Opa said...

Great pictures. Have you tried the blue jelly fish spread on toast? Ha. Love Opa

 
At 9/16/2012 6:29 PM, Blogger Opa said...

How do the blue jellyfish taste on toast? Great to see you all on Skype. I have tried to post this for about three weeks, but for some reason it won't appear. Love you all, Opa

 
At 9/16/2012 6:31 PM, Blogger Opa said...

How do the blue jellyfish taste on toast? Don't wrestle too many kangaroos. Love Opa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home