Off on a new adventure!! Here's us in Houston checking our 10 suitcases.
By the time they brought us dinner and the excitement settled down it was already midnight. But the kids did fantastically well. They slept well, especially Evelyn (hallelujah). Adults in busines class get free pajamas (nothing too exciting, just grey t-shirts and pants), but they don't have kid pajamas. So being the amazing mom that I am, I brought new pajamas for them to get excited about. Lydia and Isaac were thrilled to be able to watch TV and movies after they woke up, which, by jove, we happily let them!
Here's Evelyn in her own giant business class seat. Mike was the trooper and stayed with Evelyn the whole flight. She is a Daddy's girl.
I got to hang out in the middle between Lydia and Isaac. We had a great time playing travel bingo and watching movies. Lydia liked her sleep mask.
Sigh, we made it to Australia! Here is our new home!
Our nice big entry way. Note, these pictures are in no particular order. It is a 4 bedroom house with all the bedrooms upstairs (that was a must). The upstairs is air conditioned, but the bottom is not, but there is usually such a nice breeze that you open the one million windows and it's fine. Or you just sweat a little and deal with it. The whole house is a charming creamy yellow. So pretty! And all the furniture you see is rented. We won't be getting our stuff for another month or two.
Our long skinny master bedroom. I especially like the suitcases lining the walls.
The kids' spacious bathroom. It has a tub AND a shower.
A big open space upstairs, which will be the playroom. It will not look quite so big once it's filled with stuff.
I LOVE our back deck! We've eaten outside loads of times! In fact, last night we ate dinner and watched the bats come out.
This is the bedroom they put a crib in, but eventually this will be both girls' room. It's nice and big! The ironic thing is we bought bunk beds for the girls and now we realize we can't put them anywhere because all the bedrooms have pitched ceilings. Ha ha.
I LOVE this kitchen! But I can't wait to get our own stuff! The knives they gave us are like church kitchen knives!
Swimming in the rain. Our backyard IS a pool. I would have preffered an actual backyard that we can use year round, but everything else about the house was perfect, so beggars can't be choosers. Australia laws are very strict on pool gate safety, so I'm not worried a bit about anybody accidentally geting to the pool.


5 Comments:
Fabulous, fabulous, fabulous! I love the house! And how cool is it to have a pool of your own. Your kiddos will be little tadpoles and will probably be way better swimmers than their mother or aunts ever were! So happy the trip went well and you are getting settled. So cool!
What a wonderful home! I'm especially jealous of your kitchen! It is like its out of a design magazine, gorgeous! I am glad you made it safe. Hope all your things make it safe and sound...and very soon. Thanks for the update. We've been hoping things where working out.
Oh, how fun! Your kids look very happy.
Such a gorgeous house! What a fun adventure. We can't wait to come see you!
Such a gorgeous house! What a fun adventure. We can't wait to come see you!
Post a Comment
<< Home