Isaac had a birthday, shout hooray!
Isaac is 7! Here he is scarfing some homemade Hawaiian pizza (pineapple is never my first choice of pizza toppings, but for his birthday I made an exception).
Isaac got two beautiful goldfish and an algae eater. (Unfortunately the algae eater died two days later, because there was no algae for him to eat! We learned our mistake and will get another down the road after the tank dirties up a bit.) Meet Bubbles Squirt and Scarface Speckle
Isaac loves his fish! So does everyone else!
We have it on a little table until we can find something better for it, which is the perfect height for Bridget to point at.

Oh and here's the cake of Isaac's own design. "Chocolate cake with green mint frosting and a yellow lightning bolt!" By the way, I discovered instead of powdered sugar I bought "icing mixture" which has cornstarch in it. It turned my usually dreamy buttercream into a sort of fondant buttercream hybrid. It wouldn't spread worth a darn, I had to literally mold it onto the cake. Like play dough. But it still tasted good!

Happy birthday, Isaac! We love you, crazy kid!







1 Comments:
I could eat some of that cake, but would pass on the pizza. Great fish. We miss you all so much. Happy Birthday to a shocking young man. (lightning bolt - electric shock) Hey-oh! Love Opa.
Post a Comment
<< Home