Us Fun Folk

The simple adventures of our highly entertaining little family

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Triathlon weekend

Two weeks ago Mike had his third annual corporate triathlon. We headed down to the Gold Coast on Friday so we could stay in a hotel and be there early the next morning. On Friday we played at this super cool park with giant geckos!


And these pedal cars (bikes?) were our favorite! They ran on a track around the playground.


I've decided my dream house will have these running the perimeter of my yard. They were so fun!


The triathlon morning was great, but a might chillier than we expected. Luckily the ConocoPhillips pavilion was catered with eggs and bacon! Yum! Here's Mike on his last leg of the triathlon. Go Mike!!


After a few hours the sun came out and warmed us up a bit. Thank goodness because Bridget would not keep her socks on! Here's that silly baby on Mike's bike.


Last year the weather was so gorgeous that the kids played in the beach nearby while we waited for the crowd to clear out. Even with the sun out it wasn't quite swimming weather. The kids were eager to give it a try, but they didn't stay in the water very long and were happy to change back into their clothes. But the sand was nice.




This last weekend Isaac finally lost his first tooth! Ha ha! I still can't look at him without chuckling.


And the very next day, on Mother's Day, Bridget got her first tooth! Pretty tricky! Not sure that's the Mother's Day present that I wanted...


That night we had our neighbor Mr. Brad over for dinner with the missionaries. His wife had gone visiting some friends out of town and we were happy to have him. Here he's doing sticker books with the kids as Mike and I finished preparing dinner. It's nice to have an extra grandpa around.


That night we gave the kids new pajamas since it's getting colder here. Christmas pajamas just don't make sense in Australia, so it was Mother's Day pajamas instead. I love this picture! I have such funny kids. Happy Mother's Day to me!



2 Comments:

At 5/14/2014 8:22 AM, Blogger plr7fq said...

Way to go Mike! And those peddle bikes are awesome, those Aussie's have cool park equipment. I giggled too about Isaac's tooth, what a big kid :)

 
At 5/14/2014 1:13 PM, Blogger daddy said...

What great pictures. The little pedal bikes on a track look really neat. Hooray for Mike. The kids are lovely as always. Isaac looks great with his new gap. Lydia, Evelyn and Bridget are so pretty. Looking forward to seeing you all this Jly. Love Opa.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home