Us Fun Folk

The simple adventures of our highly entertaining little family

Saturday, April 13, 2013

School Holidays

Last week Lydia was determined to set up a lemonade stand. I made sure the kids had low expectations since we don't live on a busy street. But over two days the collective hour and a half that they were out there they made $13! Sweet! Of course it didn't hurt that one neighbor gave them $5 for a cup. Lydia would have continued everyday, but I told her the neighbors needed a break.




One day we took some fellow Americans (who moved from Alaska and know Mike's brother) (oil and gas is such a small world) to the Queensland State Library, because we love it so much! Here's Evelyn sitting on the giant Scrabble stands. "Wittle benches!"




Isaac and Keith playing the table sized labyrinth game.




Lydia playing with the magnet board.




We could have stayed in that corner for hours! But there was also a song time! Not only did this guy have a guitar, he also had a kazoo stand on his shoulders (which is hard to see). This ain't your ordinary library song time!




Then we found the books and could have stayed there for another few hours.




With a title like "King Arthur's Spaceship" I'd probably look that intense too. (By the way, I realize you don't quote book titles. I just couldn't figure out how to enable the underline option on this thing.) (just had to make that clear, thank you for humoring the grammar nerd)





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home