Lydia's 2!
This is Lydia blowing out her candles - all two of them! What a big girl! We had a nice little dinner party with her temporarily bachelorized uncle (Kristi and the cousins are up in Utah for a couple of weeks) and us. Mike barbecued and I made the cake.
A little story about the cake... When the cakes were cooling the night before Mike decided that he'd save us the calories of a double layer cake by dumping one of the layers on the floor. He was looking out for us all. :) But I managed to slice our one sad layer into two layers as it was (cuz I really wanted a strawberry filling cake), so it turned out to be just enough cake for all of us! Perfect!
Lydia was really excited about opening her gifts, she was really good at ripping off the paper!
And she really wanted to open her pool right away! She also loves this kiddie chalkboard we got out of someone's trash last week! I was so proud of myself and Mike is really quite embarassed that I would admit to such a thing, but c'mon! What a great find!! The great things I've learned from my parents!
And Lydia is just so fun! She's become quite the bag lady. Here is a picture of her carting around her doll stroller full of stuff, a bucket (full of stuff), her purple purse (full of stuff), and a gift bag (also full of stuff). I had to laugh, it was hilarious! And when we go anywhere she has to have one of purses. Crazy girl!
By the way, we found out Lydia will be getting a little brother in October!! We're so excited!!
This is Lydia blowing out her candles - all two of them! What a big girl! We had a nice little dinner party with her temporarily bachelorized uncle (Kristi and the cousins are up in Utah for a couple of weeks) and us. Mike barbecued and I made the cake.
A little story about the cake... When the cakes were cooling the night before Mike decided that he'd save us the calories of a double layer cake by dumping one of the layers on the floor. He was looking out for us all. :) But I managed to slice our one sad layer into two layers as it was (cuz I really wanted a strawberry filling cake), so it turned out to be just enough cake for all of us! Perfect!
Lydia was really excited about opening her gifts, she was really good at ripping off the paper!
And she really wanted to open her pool right away! She also loves this kiddie chalkboard we got out of someone's trash last week! I was so proud of myself and Mike is really quite embarassed that I would admit to such a thing, but c'mon! What a great find!! The great things I've learned from my parents!
And Lydia is just so fun! She's become quite the bag lady. Here is a picture of her carting around her doll stroller full of stuff, a bucket (full of stuff), her purple purse (full of stuff), and a gift bag (also full of stuff). I had to laugh, it was hilarious! And when we go anywhere she has to have one of purses. Crazy girl!


3 Comments:
Happy Birthday Lydia!! She is getting so big. I Love her hair! Also, congrats on having a BOY!! They are a lot of fun too!! :)
Happy Birthday, Lydia! She is so cute! And she looks so serious in all those pictures! Congrats on the little guy on the way. Isn't it funny that we will have boys that are only about a year apart? We will definitely have to get together so they can hang out... oh yeah, and so we can hang out with you guys, too. We love and miss you!
Mike and Elizabeth and Lydia,
Congratulations on the announcement. I'm so excited for you to have a little boy (another Johnson heir!!!! ) :) Anyway, I'm glad things are going great for you.
Angie
Post a Comment
<< Home