Bake Sale
The kids put on a bake sale. All by themselves! I supervised, but they did all the work. They even washed all their dishes (especially since Mike threatened to charge them $5 a dish if he had to wash any). Isaac made a LOT of chocolate chip cookies.
Evelyn made lemonade.
And Lydia made cinnamon rolls.
They set up in the front yard (after having made and passed out fliers to the neighbors a few days before). Our next door neighbor let them borrow a canopy to keep the lemonade cool.
Another neighbor even brought chocolate crackles for them to sell. We have such good neighbors. The sale was a success and the kids made bank! $81. Well done, kids!






2 Comments:
What great children. I guess we should have the same menu at the next reunion. By then Bridget will big enough to put on a magic show for additional entertainment. Love you all, Opa
Well done to all involved! Very impressive. I tried selling blow pops in middle school as an early entrepreneurial endeavor. I ended up getting robbed and when my parents reported it, the principal informed me that I couldn't sell candy at school any more. Hopefully your kids won't meet such unhappy governmental intervention.
Post a Comment
<< Home