Us Fun Folk

The simple adventures of our highly entertaining little family

Sunday, August 09, 2015

Little friends

We got to babysit two guinea pigs for a few weeks, Fred and Digger.  I was happy to babysit, because I certainly don't plan on ever buying guinea pigs.  Ever.  Evelyn and Bridget loved them!
They loved to wrap them up in the guinea pigs' blankets (which my friend brought to shade the cage) so their little claws wouldn't scratch them and would hold them so sweetly.  The first thing Bridget would do when I'd hand her a guinea pig was gently rock and it and shush it like a baby!  Adorable!
She also loved to sit on this little stool, which she'd often drag to underneath the trampoline and that was her little guinea pig play house. 
  Evelyn with Fred and the classroom rabbit.  
The kids actually surprised me and were amazing care takers!  I didn't have to do a thing!  Lydia, Isaac, and Evelyn would bring the guinea pigs out of their cage in the shed in the mornings and put them in the little wire enclosure in the yard and give them food and shade and water and put them back to bed in the shed again at night.  They were fantastic!  What a fun little adventure for them.

3 Comments:

At 8/09/2015 9:47 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wonderful to have the children exposed to so many good animals. Guinea pigs don't do a whole lot other than eat and make those little grunting squeaks. I remember when we had some when I was little. Easy care. Fine experience. Love Bridget's mothering instincts. Love Opa

 
At 8/09/2015 7:24 PM, Blogger plr7fq said...

Glad the kids enjoyed pet sitting! And wow on not having to prompt them about the care. Nice when you can let them play outside and just have to make sure they have shade, food, and water. Love the photos!

 
At 8/10/2015 7:55 AM, Blogger luketh said...

Oh, I love wee little ones and their little setups with stools! Such a precious age!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home