Us Fun Folk

The simple adventures of our highly entertaining little family

Monday, May 25, 2015

Evening in the Bush

Some friends in rural Calliope (makes Gladstone look like a proper city) had us and a few other families over for a cookout on Saturday night.  We had such an amazing time!  They have chickens, which the kids got a huge kick out of!  Kids in the coop.
Isaac was the first Johnson brave enough to hold one.
What 4 year olds need toys when you can play with chickens?
Bridget really liked them until they moved too quickly towards her.
Chicken love!
I would love to have chickens!  Because I LOVE eggs!  
After dinner the kids played with glow sticks and we learned a few bush dances (square dances).  Then we roasted marshmallows and damper (dough on a stick).  Aussie marshmallows are lame, by the way.  But we all had fun!  (I guess I should explain.  Aussie marshmallows are smaller, don't puff up nice and toasty like, and have a slight artificial berry flavor.  So I do miss a proper American marshmallow for a campfire.)
Bridget mesmerized by the fire.
Evelyn letting daddy do the work of roasting her marshmallows.
What an absolutely magical time!  Almost tempts me to buy a couple acres out in the middle of no where. Or I can just make friends who do!  

1 Comments:

At 5/25/2015 11:53 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Any different animals are great fun. Hey, Isaac, What's that stuff between your toes? Will bring bags of big marshmallows when we come. Everyone looks so good. Love Opa.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home